Monday, October 31, 2011

Excerpt

"One of the principles is trust. I trust that the athletes are fully committed to their goals and the work we do together. The athletes trust me to provide them with guidance to achieve their goals. The other core principle is belief. I believe in the work I am doing and in the ability of my athletes. The athletes believe that under my guidance they will be successful.

All athletes in the Squad, without exception, never asked questions about training, about methods, about stuff like training hours or if they should be doing weights. They committed to the Squad, they trust the work we do at the Squad and they believe in what they're doing. Once you do these things, questions like the ones you asked cease to be important. Once you commit, trust and believe, you free yourself to do what you should be doing: training and racing to the best of your ability.

If you are able to make the commitment, to trust and believe in what we do in the Squad, then this is the place for you. If you have doubt in your mind, then perhaps you're not ready to step up to the challenge. It is your decision."

No comments: